The DEEPEGS symposium “How to enhance deep geothermal well productivity?” aims at discussing new approaches and methods to improve and to assess the improvement of the well productivity in the field of deep geothermal reservoirs. There will be a strong focus on tight geothermal reservoir & low permeability formations.
The Symposium DEEPEGS aims to bring scientists from all over the world to present and discuss their most recent findings in the field of deep geothermal wells on three main streams:
- Well design, drilling & completion: Designing the well to optimise the connection with the reservoir
- Enhancement technologies and methods: Challenges and solutions to enhance the productivity index of the wells
- Well performance prediction and assessment: Assessing the efficiency of the well enhancement
Abstract submission deadline on September 15, 2019
- Oral sessions: Speakers are invited to present their on-going work during a 12-minute talk and a 3-minutes discussion.
- Poster sessions: Posters can be seen and discussed all over the workshop and during specifically dedicated time periods.
Scientific Committee Members
- Sylvie Gentier, BRGM, Head of Subsurface space and energy transition Programme Senior Management
- Peter Rose, Energy & Geoscience Institute (EGI), University Utah
- Dominique Bruel, MINES ParisTech, Fontainebleau Hydrogeologist
- Mariane Peter-Borie, BRGM, Project manager, PhD in geology & rock mechanics
- Emmanuel Gaucher, Karlsruhe Institut of Technology (KIT), Research geophysicist
- Grimur Bjornsson, Hs ORKA, Reykjavik, Reservoir engineer
- Camille Maurel, BRGM, Reservoir engineer
Keynote lectures. Plenary lectures will be conducted on broader topics related to EGS by experienced scientists:
- Risks and impacts of EGS: Keynote speaker being confirmed
- Industrial aspects: Albert Gentier & Clément Baujard, ÉS-Géothermie
- Public perception: Sébastien Chailleux, UPPA
Abstract submission here
More information please download a DEEPEGS Symposium brochure
The full 2 days Symposium Pass is free of charge.
- Access to all two days conferences (6-7/11/2019)
- Lunch and Coffee breaks on 6-7 /11/2019
- Ice-breaker cocktail on Tuesday 5/11/2019
- Banquet dinner on Wednesday 6/11/2019
Registration deadline is 20th of October 2019. The number of participants is limited.
The event is organised by the BRGM, the French geological survey, and is supported by the H2020 DEEPEGS project.
And it will be held at the BRGM in Orléans (FRANCE), on November 6-7 2019.